Is a makeover for your office in the wings? While it is normal to feel excited at the prospect, remember that office makeovers are generally hectic and stressful affairs. There are a lot of things that can and do go wrong. Having been in the commercial fit out industry for quite some time now, we know what mistakes most businesses make during a make over.
In this post, we’ve outlined the five most common mistakes that businesses tend to commit during office makeovers. Avoiding them will make a lot of difference to the final look your office make over gives your Sydney office.
1. Diving in – headfirst: An office makeover needs to have been analysed, budgeted and planned out before you start work on it. Remember that you’ll be investing time, effort and money on the makeover. Diving in without having formulated a concrete plan of action will give you results that are far below your expectations.
2. Scourging the market for the lowest price: Some businesses want office fit out companies that will give them the best quality fit out work at the lowest price. While there is nothing wrong with trying to keep costs down, do bear in mind that there are multiple purchases that keep cropping up along the course of the makeover. Settling for the lowest price, may also lead to the lowest quality.
3. All by yourself: Some businesses choose to do their fit out designs by themselves. Office fit out companies know how to best utilise spaces to create designs that give offices a professional look. Several businesses which decided to go solo ended up exceeding their budget and time constraints.
4. Too many cooks: Don’t involve too many people in the office makeover process. Appoint someone who knows your business and employees extremely well to overlook the fit out work. If you get too many people pitching in with their opinions, it will slow down the makeover considerably.
5. A very tight budget: Some businesses try to cut costs by compromising on one or more components during an office makeover. For instance, a business chose to buy used furniture to keep costs down. However, incorporating “old” furnishings in a “new” décor led to a look that was far worse than what they were looking for.
Office Fit Out Sydney Pty Ltd is one of the office fit out companies that has been around for long enough to know what can go wrong. We see to it that those mistakes never make an appearance when we take over a project. If you’ve got an office makeover project lined up, contact us today.