SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 23, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Woodruff Sawyer, one of the largest independent insurance brokers in the United States, today released The 2021 Guide to Going Public: Directors & Officers Insurance for IPOs and Direct Listings. Private companies face myriad challenges when seeking to go public – from deciding whether to IPO or direct list to anticipating expensive and complicated D&O insurance programs. Woodruff Sawyer started advising tech and life sciences companies on their insurance strategies in the 80’s. In the last ten years Woodruff Sawyer has garnered a sizable 36% market share for California IPOs that includes many of Silicon Valley’s hottest tech companies. The Guide reflects Woodruff Sawyer’s commitment to solving complex insurance problems for business models that didn’t exist just 5 years ago while helping their clients innovate and thrive.
“It’s more important than ever that IPO teams have an experienced partner by their side.”
An interactive resource for management teams as they undertake the complex process of going public, The 2021 Guide to Going Public: Directors & Officers Insurance for IPOs and Direct Listings provides a framework from an IPO’s start to finish including:
- Private to Public Milestones Timeline – from developing strategy and corporate governance policies to negotiating coverage and pricing to the first day of trade
- Key Questions to Ask as You Prepare – what to cover during an initial strategy session on D&O
- Corporate Governance Policies – implementing corporate governance policies around insider trading, corporate communications and indemnification can help mitigate risk
- Refine D&O Insurance Limits Analysis – the value of a customized approach
- Board of Directors Communications – briefing the board on the current issues at play when it comes to protecting themselves
- Negotiating Coverage and Pricing – how to negotiate when the pricing is challenging
Woodruff Sawyer’s Senior Vice President, Management Liability Priya Huskins confirms, “It’s more important than ever that IPO teams have an experienced partner by their side. We’re in the midst of a very challenging, very expensive D&O market, due in large part to Security Class Action lawsuits and large settlements. IPO companies are always surprised at how expensive their D&O insurance will be, and frankly, some find that the price of going public may not be worth the cost. Our goal is to educate and help our clients navigate this difficult environment.”
About Woodruff Sawyer
As one of the largest independent insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the US, Woodruff Sawyer protects the people and assets of more than 4,000 companies. We provide expert counsel and fierce advocacy to protect clients against their most critical risks in property and casualty, management liability, cyber liability, employee benefits, and personal wealth management. We provide expertise and customized solutions where clients need it, with headquarters in San Francisco, offices throughout the US, and global reach on six continents. For more information, call 844.972.6326, or visit woodruffsawyer.com.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ipo-leader-woodruff-sawyer-releases-the-2021-guide-to-going-public-directors–officers-insurance-for-ipos-and-direct-listings-301178230.html
SOURCE Woodruff Sawyer