Valentine’s Day has always been special occasions to many especially to those who are love struck and are anxiously waiting for their loved ones’ surprise gifts. Valentine’s Day is still two weeks away but there are already roses, heart-shaped balloons, heart-shaped candies and teddy bears popping at every local store. And although these items are already good gift ideas, those of you who are on a tight budget and who are reluctant to buy can still be able to do something special for your loved ones. Just use your creativity and your resourcefulness and you will be assured of being able to show your loved one how you feel without costing you a ton of money. Listed below are some of the most creative and most sentimental ideas that would allow you to express how you feel without breaking your student budget.
1. The sure way to make Valentine’s Day for your loved ones a success is to find out what they really like. Make sure that you do this discreetly; you could ask the help of your friends and your loved ones’ families so that it would not be so obvious that you are asking. When you are able to give your loved ones what they truly like, this will also let them know that you care and pay attention to them. Make sure that you do not miss out on the simple things though, because little things such as the color of the flower, the name of their favorite restaurants and the brand of their favorite chocolate maybe the most sentimental to them.
2. Since you are on a tight budget and cannot afford to bring your dates on fancy restaurants, then don’t. You don’t need to have dinner in a fine dining restaurant or have drinks in an exclusive bar; you can simply cook for them and spend the rest of the day or night together at home. Cooking for your loved ones is personal, much more sentimental and would be much more meaningful to them. Knowing that you personally cooked their favorite meals would mean that you exerted a lot of effort in making their Valentine’s Day special and will lead to a great deal of appreciation.
3. Flowers are very common during Valentine’s Day which is why flowers tend to get very expensive when Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. If your loved ones are crazy about receiving flowers during this special occasion, do not fret. You can still buy them flowers without going over your budget. The first thing you should do is to check the discounts and promos online. This will allow you to score some coupons that you can use on certain stores in which you can get their flowers for dollars off of their original prices. You could also opt to avoid buying roses. Roses, during Valentine’s Day are not only overrated but they are overpriced as well. Pick a different type of flower during this day or a plant even. Plants do live longer than flowers, thus, allowing the special occasion to live a little longer as well.
4. If the ideas listed above are still out of your budget, then this idea might just be the best option for you. If you have your own computer and printer at home, you can simply personalize a greeting card by putting quotes that your loved ones’ like, by putting photos of the both of you or by simply writing a personal and heartfelt message for them. You could also make a scrap book containing photos which remind the both of your of your experiences together. You should not be concerned about whether your gifts would turn out perfect or not or whether your loved ones’ will like them or not. Personalized gifts, despite being mushy and cheesy are always endearing.
5. As mentioned earlier, personalized gifts, no matter what they turned out to be, will end up being loved and appreciated by your loved ones. For those engineering and architecture majors out there, you could enhance your personalized gifts more by making use of your majors. For example, for engineers, you can create circuits of LED lights which show your message for your loved ones and for architects; you can build your own picture frame or anything which symbolizes how you feel towards your loved ones. Gifts such as these are unique, one-of-a-kind and will always be worth than any price.
There is no need to scrimp on Valentine’s Day just because you are on a tight budget. Having a budget only means learning how to be creative and knowing where the right resources are so that you are able to make the most out of your money. Do a credit score check regularly to manage your debts, that can not only increase your chances of being able to give your loved ones’ what they like but of making your loved ones’ Valentine’s Day a success as well. Hopefully the ideas listed above will help you give what your loved ones’ deserve on this special occasion without hurting your budget.