The two most popular anti aging skin products for the two most common problems people want to get rid of, facial Blemishes and wrinkles, are Laser resurfacing and Microdermabrasion Treatments.We’ve all tried method after method to get a younger, fresher, blemish free skin. But these treatments can only work if the skin is only a tad bit damaged. But, for skin that has suffered prolonged exposure to pollution, the ageing process and heavy makeup, Cosmetic Skin care treatments are the only solution.
This treatment consists of tiny crystals being sprayed against the top layer of the skin from a wand type instrument with a vacuum to suck away all the debris. Basically sand blasting your face on a extremely scaled level. Wich in turn removes the dead layer of skin to reveal a new, tight, fresh young layer of skin.
The procedure is SUPER FAST, it takes less than an hour and your on your way home. More then one sitting may be required, with each costing on average $200.
Pros and Cons:
- Acnes, black spots and crow’s feet, completely removed.
- No side effects like redness or swelling.
- No aftercare.
- The only bad thing about this treatment is that sometimes, you may end up haveing multiple sittings without getting desired results. In turn costing you more money.
Facial laser resurfacing:
Facial laser resurfacing treatment is also called ‘Laser Vaporisation’ and ‘Laser Peeling’ is performed to remove facial blemishes. It uses concentrated light energy, which is a laser beam to help in removing the top layer of dead skin to reveal a fresh and untouched layer of skin.
The proces only takes one to two hours. But has an extensive recovery and care post treatment. On average the cost of this treatment is around $2000.
Pros and Cons:
- This treatment is very precise process and rarely ever do things go wrong. The laser beam uses low heat, which causes reduced damage to the skin.
- The wrinkles on the forehead, under eye wrinkles and laugh lines even crow’s feet will be extremely reduced. Warts,laser stretch mark removal, scars, birth marks will be considerably removed.
- This treatment will last between 1 â€” 5 years.
- The best thing about this treatment is that it has a short recovery period. The recovery is only a couple of weeks.
- The cons of this treatment are a swollen face and sensitive skin, maybe itching for a few days.
- In some cases, patients may have scars or infection if not properly taken care of post treatment.
Speak with a dermatologist to decide if Laser Resurfacing or Microdermabrasion Treatments is the best route for you to take.